- Fill a 1,000 milliliter graduated cylinder with water and place suction side of Pulsafeeder pump installed on system into the graduated cylinder.
- Turn on and prime the pump.
- Record the pump's speed and stroke. You may need to adjust the speed and stroke to get the proper calibration. If possible, adjust the speed to 100% and use the stroke length for calibration.
- Measure the length of time in minutes (T) it takes to draw the graduated cylinder down 100 ml.
These formulas will help you to calculate the dilution ratio for POLY-GONE. The 100 ml draw down is equivalent to 3.38 ounces.
1. Ounces of POLY-GONE Per Minute (OPM) Calculation
3.38 ounces ÷ __________ (T) minutes = __________ (OPM) ounces/minute
3.38 ounces ÷ 3.5 minutes = 1.1267 ounces/minute
2. Ounce of POLY-GONE Per Day (OPD) Calculation
__________ (OPM) ounces/minute x 60 minutes/hour x 24 hours/day = __________ (OPD) ounces/day
1.1267 ounces per minute x 60 minutes/hour x 24 hours/day = 1,622.39 ounces/day
3. Gallons of POLY-GONE Per Day (GPD) Calculation
__________ (OPD) ounces/day x 1-gallon/128-ounces = __________ (GPD) gallons/day
1,622.39 ounces/day x 1-gallon/128-ounces = 12.67 gallons/day
4. Washwater and/or Sludge Flow in Gallons
__________ (FPM) gallons/minute x 60 minutes/hour x 24 hours/day = ________ (FPD) gallons/day
180 gallons/minute x 60 minutes/hour x 24 hours/day = 259,200 gallons/day
5. Dilution Ration of POLY-GONE
__________ (FPD) gallons/day ÷ __________ (GPD) gallons/day = __________ (RATIO)
259,200 gallons/day ÷ 12.67 gallons/day = 20,458:1 ratio